C.A.R.E. Ltd. can offer a wide range of services in the area of thermal biomass conversion based upon our significant experience and ongoing in the implementation of projects, mostly at small-scale in biomass gasification, wastes gasification and combustion and fast pyrolysis for liquid fuels, products and derived chemicals. The following are some examples of services that have been provided to commercial organisations and can be offered:
- Design of complete bio-energy systems from feedstock reception to heat and power generation. This includes detailed chemical engineering, mechanical engineering and process design of unit operations, mass and energy balances and environmental compliance.
- Organisation and evaluation of biomass and waste feedstock testing by pyrolysis, gasification and combustion at lab scale or on commercial systems.
- Technology surveys, reviews and feasibility studies of thermal conversion processes for energy, chemicals and derived products.
- Due diligence of thermal conversion technologies and advice on best available technology to suit the clients application.
- Techno-economic modeling and evaluation of complete thermochemical conversion systems.
- Market evaluation of the opportunities for renewable products and technologies.
- Advice on environmental legislation, project authorisation and compliance with emissions. We have worked on Integrated Pollution Control [IPC], Integrated Pollution Prevention and Control [IPPC], the Large Combustion Plant Directive [LCP] and the Waste Incineration Directive [WID ]for combustion, gasification and pyrolysis plants.
- Sourcing of R&D funding from public sources.
Examples of all of the above may be found on our projects page. Although the main strength of CARE Ltd. is in thermal conversion, we have a comprehensive knowledge base and extensive world-wide contacts which allows considerable flexibility in the application of our capabilities to the whole bio-energy area and beyond [e.g. alternative renewable fuels, renewable products from biomass]. This is particularly relevant in technology selection, techno-economic evaluation and environmental assessment areas.